Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 28th, 2014, 1:14am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
DVFilm Discussion Board mxf and quicktime

DVFilm Discussion Board
   Raylight Family
   Raylight for Mac
(Moderator: The Admin)
   mxf and quicktime
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: mxf and quicktime  (Read 1103 times)
dcantagallo

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

mxf and quicktime
« on: Dec 3rd, 2007, 5:40pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Not sure if this has been addressed before, but I'm considering purchasing the Raylight for Mac, and would like to know if the software allows me convert or work with MXF files on an external hard drive in Final Cut Pro? Want to make sure the software suits my needs. Thanks for your help.

--Dan
IP Logged
MetroEast IT Guy

P2 ditto project

Re: mxf and quicktime
« Reply #1 on: Jan 3rd, 2008, 4:33pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

My understanding, as of version 2.  The software scans any volumes that it can access (mounted and read permissions).  The link files will not be made on the external HDD, unless you explicitly add the folder/volume to scan to the additional scan locations.  By default the app put links in the local boot volume's shared users folders.  Mac HD:Users:Shared:Raylight

This is a limitation I'd like to see addressed.  The good folks here have suggested we use the feature request area to discuss any changes.

This software will make links on external HDDs, but only when used in a manual fashion (ie.  drag the folder with P2 content into the dialog, and click scan.)  The option to make links in the same location as the MXFs only works when doing things this way.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

DVFilm Discussion Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB ? 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.